Results-driven Creative/Art Director with many years of B2B and B2C experience, most recently specializing in pharmaceutical advertising. A proven track record of developing visually impactful and compliant campaigns that resonate with healthcare professionals and patients alike. Skilled in guiding cross-functional teams and ensuring brand integrity within regulatory guidelines. Seeking an opportunity to leverage my expertise in creating compelling healthcare communication strategies and executions with a dynamic pharmaceutical advertising agency.
OGILVY HEALTH Parsippany, NJ Group Art Supervisor, 2021 - present
• Co-manage the creative process, from concept to completion, executing and overseeing all aspects of design, including layout, typography and imagery, while maintaining consistent brand representation.
• Ensure all creative work adheres to client and industry-specific regulatory guidelines, including while maintaining high levels of creativity and visual impact.
• Collaborate closely with account executives and medical affairs teams to understand the scientific and clinical aspects of products, translating complex information into accessible and compelling visual narratives.
• Direct and mentor studio designers and developers in the production of innovative and compliant advertising campaigns across various print and digital production initiatives.
FREELANCE Chicago, IL Creative Director/Art Director/Graphic Designer, May 2020 - March 2021
Primarily contracted by agencies specializing in pharmaceutical and healthcare related marketing, including Fingerpaint and Ogilvy Health, to create ad campaigns, develop identities, and design and manage production of physician and consumer websites.
EXPERIAN Schaumburg, IL Senior Creative/Art Director/Graphic Designer, April 2019 - May 2020
• Recruited on contract to help reshape branding and creative for the automotive division.
• Overall success led to an extended contract, an increase in pay and praise from top management..
• Developed and executed campaigns across a variety of integrated marketing channels including digital, identity development, sales support materials, PowerPoint presentations, videos, event communications and booth design.
• Collaborated with head marketing director to help restructure department operations.
PUROHIT NAVIGATION Chicago, IL Creative Director/Art Director, 2010 - 2019
• Led creative and strategy on the Becton Dickenson Diagnostics and Promius Pharma accounts.
• Overall success led to winning the business of eight of other BD divisions over a three-year period.
• Creatively led, mentored and managed creatives with a focus on independent thinking and cross-team collaboration.
• Oversaw new business development and client presentations.
• Established and updated agency processes and procedures that led to increased efficiency and better communication.
RHEA+KAISER Naperville, IL Creative Director/Art Director, Healthcare and Agriculture, 2004 - 2010
• Managed creative development for Bayer Crop Science and Pfizer Animal Health.
• Played a significant role in developing a Caterpillar promotion that helped increase dealership sales by 60% that year.
DDB CHICAGO Chicago, IL ACD/Senior Art Director, 1999 - 2004
• Developed television, print and outdoor advertising for Anheuser-Busch and McDonald’s.
• Created Bud Light Super Bowl spot that placed in the USA Today top five best-liked ads and an award-winning McDonald’s pregame Super Bowl spot.
EXPERTISE B2C and B2B, concept/brand development, digital, UX/UI design, print, TV, outdoor and events.
RECOGNITION USA Today, Ad Age, British Art Direction, Graphis, One Show, Mobius, Pinnacle, Rx and Global.
EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN, Milwaukee, WI B.A. Mass Communications
SOFTWARE SKILLS Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD and Figma. Sketch and PowerPoint.
INTERESTS Family, drawing, digital art, art history, documentary film, and cycling.